19 June 2011

The Stylist's Guide to NYC.


My first Book Depository order arrived yesterday. The Stylist's Guide to NYC by Sibella Court!
The book is hardcover and has a small pull-out map in the front. It also has a handy pocket in the back, kind of like a Moleskine where you can put those bus tickets & fancy named serviettes (I know you keep those!). It has small, handy sections on Scents & Flower Merchants, Oddities & Curiosities, Jewellery & Hardware, Haberdashery & Handmade, Drapers & Upholstery, Art & Objects, Paper & Art Supplies (my fave), Kitchen & Table Paraphernalia and Furniture & Interiors.

Sibella gives tips and suggested itineraries with 'loops of interest'. A pretty little guide that will have you oohing and ahhing at all the fascinating pictures. Mmm love the smell of the manila/recycled pages too. A must for any adventure to the Big Apple! 
  

5 comments:

  1. oooh - that's going on the Book Depository wishlist. So is a trip to NYC, but I think I will be a few years and a few bucks away from that dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. City Maps . That is all you need to know the city. It is what we have all been waiting for. Everything in one place. No more going to yelp then google then mapquest. Just a one shop, interactive, stop. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sibella. Her book ETC is one of my fave go to's. I think every destination needs these guides. Melbourne put out a great one for art/craft lovers that a friend recently brought back and it has since travelled with a friend back to Melbourne. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Notchka: A trip to NYC has been on my wishlist for so very long! The book is great. Let me know what you think if you buy it.
    Anon: Thanks for the link, helpful site.
    Ahipara Girl: I must buy Etcetera one day! Do you have any links for the Melbourne art/crafty guide? I definitely want to visit again one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh... I need this book! was gonna buy it on amazon a little while back and it said it was sold out? maybe ill check out this site :)

    ReplyDelete