13 December 2009

getting older.

It was my birthday last Thursday! Yes one year older. Actually, once you embrace the fact that growing old is inevitable birthdays can be quite enjoyable. Minus the whole getting wrinkly and saggy part.

A super sneaky surprise gift. A beautifully framed painting of Pinwheel by Becky of Tiny Kitten Teeth. Adorable!


A gift I chose for myself...

It was a toss up between this and a Karen Walker dress. I've been wanting a sewing machine for yonks so this won. Plus I can't justify spending nearly a weeks pay on one dress, as pretty as it may be! Who knows, I might be able to sew myself a fancy frock one day? I am free to dream.
Ps. Sewing Machine World in Onehunga is the place to go!

And we ended the day with a delicious dinner at my favourite, Tanuki's Cave.

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!
    Yay new sewing machine & Tanuki's Cave, what more could a girl ask for xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I wholeheartedly agree! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be sewing up a storm and giving Karen Walker a run for her money in no time.

    ReplyDelete